We are located in Spanish Point near Milltown Malbay, on the Wild Atlantic Way on the Western Coast of Ireland, in County Clare. We are only a few minutes walk from Spanish Point beach, and about 1.5 kilometers from the traditional music town of Miltown Malbay, famous as the birthplace of piper Willie Clancy. If you don't fancy the countryside walk, we are pleased to drop anyone into town. This is an ideal location for touring the West of Ireland, or for guests attending a wedding or other function at Burke's Armada Hotel or the Bellbridge Hotel.
Miltown Malbay is especially famous for the Willie Clancy Summer School which takes place in July each year and usually attracts thousands of Irish music enthusiasts from all over the world. Traditional Irish music & dance are part of the daily life of local people and therefore many of the pubs have traditional music sessions all year long.
The central location in the West of Clare makes us the ideal place for sight-seeing. There are the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren region, the Ailwee & Doolin Caves, Bunratty Folk Park, the Loop Head Peninsula, well known for the spectacular coast line, the rare birds, the dolphins and whale watching. Boats leave from Carrigaholt and Kilrush Marina on Dolphin Watching tours. Medieval banquets take place in Bunratty and Knappogue Castles.
If you like it more leisurely just relax on a leisurely walk on the beaches in White Strand or Spanish Point!
What to do in Spanish Point
We are situated close to Swimming Pools, Leisure Centre, Pitch n Putt, Bicycle Hire, Horse Riding, Golf, Sea Fishing, Lake Fishing, Spanish Point Beach, the White Strand beach, Quilty Pier and beach. We are within 15 minutes drive of Lahinch and Doonbeg Golf Courses. Enjoy scenic cliff walks... and much more.
- Golfing on Lahinch Golf Courses: 15 mins, Spanish Point Golf Course: 5 mins, Doonbeg Links Course: 10 mins. [more about golfing in west Clare...]
- Swimming at Spanish Point Beach (5 mins.) and at White Strand Beach (less than 10 mins.)
- Surfing at Spanish Point Beach or off the coast (5 mins.) and at Lahinch Beach (15 mins.)
- Angling on various lakes and rivers nearby; Sea Angling from Quilty (Seafield); Beach and Coast angling
- Sea kayaking
- Diving from Seafield, Quilty
- Walking, Hiking, Cycling [more...]
- Traditional music sessions [more...]
- Wildlife, dolphin & bird watching [more...]
- Sightseeing Tours [more...]